From Europe to the Middle East

I've just got back from the Middle East and am missing it already. I've travelled with British Airways and I was very happy with their services: food is not bad, entertainment is more than enough and for literally any liking, since we could choose among a wide range of movies, tv shows, videogames and music (we could even create our own cd picking up one or more songs from the available albums!).

Admittedly this time I haven't searched or compared different prices or deals, as I stayed at friends' place. I've only compared a couple of airlines flying from Europe to Abu Dhabi, but it could be worth trying to pick up a Hotels.com discount code at VoucherCodes.co.uk to save on travelling.

I have loved my short stay in the Emirates and already thinking about going back. When I was there I didn't get the chance to write a lot, only a small post on Dubai, but now I'll be posting more on Abu Dhabi, my desert experience and what I've learnt about their society, tellingly, quite different from the views our media give us.

I have sadly noticed, since I came back, a very negative reaction here in Europe every time I say something positive about the UAE and, astonishingly, mainly from people who have never even been there and have no clue of how their society works nor what their culture is.

I'm not sure if this hostility stems from plain prejudice (that most of the times stems from ignorance and the fear of the unknown), or an unconscious jealousy that things are working quite well in the Emirates, while Europe is collapsing every day more due to the incompetence and corruption of our current (and past) crop of politicians.


Whatever the reason is, I'm very happy for the Emirate people, and hope they'll keep enjoying the resources of their beautiful country. This being said, I'm ready to tackle every aspect of the UAE I managed to acknowledge and write about it, before heading to Southern France at the end of the month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Beach Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.